The job description of the Legal Consultant will be, but not limited, to perform the following tasks:
a. All cases pertaining to the Supreme Court of Pakistan and High Courts;
b. All cases pertaining to all other courts, forums and tribunals;
c. Legal opinion on all constitutional and legal matters; and
d. Any other legal work assigned by the Commission.
The Legal Consultant will work under the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Appointment of the Legal Consultant shall initially be made for a period of two (02) years on contract basis further extendable on annual basis subject to satisfactory performance.
No person shall be eligible for appointment as Legal Consultant who:
a. Has been or is dismissed from service as a consequence of disciplinary proceedings;
b. Has been or is convicted, by a court of competent jurisdiction, for an offence involving moral turpitude; and
c. Either at the time of appointment as Legal Consultant or thereafter during such appointment was not or is not a citizen of Pakistan.
Conflict of Interest:
a. The candidate for appointment as Legal Consultant shall have to seek retirement from his/her existing Department/employer and post or his/her appointment shall be subject to acceptance of resignation from designated authority and shall not, during his/her term of office, engage himself in any other service, business (Personal/Private), vocation or employment which may have any direct or indirect effect on his/her performance as Legal Consultant;
b. The candidate being employed under ECP shall submit to the Commission an affidavit declaring his/her
non-involvement in any other relevant business/job which may tantamount to conflict of interest.
Termination of Contract:
The contract of Legal Consultant may be terminated on completion of tenure or by giving one month notice by either side.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
The performance of the Legal Consultant shall be monitored by the Honorable Chief Election Commissioner.
Applicability of other rules:
In respect of matters not specified here, the law, rules, policies, etc. applicable to the corresponding level of civil servants shall be applicable.
1. Applicants may apply through ECPs Online Recruitment System by visiting the link i.e. www.ecp.gov.pk or jobs.ecp.gov.pk within 10 days of the printing of the advertisement in the newspapers.
2. Applicants who apply through the online recruitment system are also required to submit their applications in hard forms failing to which the candidates will be considered as ineligible.
3. Hard copy of application on the following prescribed format alongwith CVs and all relevant education/experience certificates including CNIC and one recent passport size photograph should reach through P.O. Box number 1418
within 15 days of publication of this advertisement on the address clearly stated below mentioning on the envelope the name of the position applied for.
4. Applications received after cut-off date shall not be entertained.
5. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in test/interview. Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview.
6. The Competent Authority reserves the right to cancel the process of recruitment of advertised post partially or totally.
7. Stations for test/interview will be decided subject to number of candidates. However, option given by the candidate shall not be binding on office.
8. The applicant is liable to serve in Provincial HQs where such post exists.